So after a long debate I decided to bring the hachi home and move Kratos to Peanuts house for now. The reason for that is to be able to do some work on the car without it being a mission or standing outside in the open.
Hooked up the Hachi and started towing it home. Was a easy slow tow until we got to a nice long down hill and Peanuts never using a bar to tow thought he had to slow the lead car down instead of the other way so when we got to the bottom I saw smoking coming from the front of the car, with my mad ninja skills I jumped out my bakkie and quickly went to inspect. After seeing and smelling where the smoke was coming from it was clear that we cooked the brakes. We were only a few km's from home so just carried on.
Unhitched the Hachi and drove it into the garage....... felt so good to see it in my garage.
First up....... Getting rid of those new spec Toyota badges, they have no place on this car.
As the badge was standing on the bonnet.
So next steps were easy, take some fishing line, gut, tooth floss or whatever else and start sliding it up and down from one side to the next.
And all done easy as that!!!! Then once removed get some spirits or rubbing alcohol and remove the residue and then polish and you done
Now for the damaged headlight cover and garnish.
Started by removing the plastic trim around the headlight was fairly easy with only 4 screws holding it in place.
Quickly popped it off and it looked like this..
Then removed the garnish, the cover and pretty much did the reverse when installing the new used part.
After some bending and pulling straight it was finally where i wanted it to be.
Then we removed the radiator, condensor and some of the AC lines. Also removed the bumper to see how we going to remove the paint and get it back to being the original colour, black.
And after all of that it was time for a beer.... Could not find any Japanese beer so went with a Corona..... to go with my Toyota Corona hahaha and just like that I became a Dominic Trueno..... That's funny right there I don't care who you are....
Back to work!!!!
Fitting a replacement window for the drivers side. There was a short window and to fill the gap the previous owner put a piece of perspex to cover the short coming of the wrong glass.
Pretty easy step again. Remove the grab handle, lever surround, pull at the door card to pop it out. Pull up and slide out towards the back of the car.
There was still so much dirt and broken glass in the door, so took a paint brush so sweep it to one side and took the hoover to clean it up.
Then fitted the new window and reversed the whole process
Had to take a selfie I mean lets be honest now
Any way that is it for now. Hope you enjoyed it and keep checking here for our next write up or video. Thanks everyone